Sunday, December 16, 2007

Wow, Am I Still Blogging

So, now I have read my last blog. It has been an interesting time, 10 months can provide for a lot of living. Seems some of that old stuff was pretty down. These damn blogs provide to fine an insight into where we were at different times. Anyway, another year has come and gone and we are about to have our second Christmas without my dad, not a bad time all in all, circle of life and all that.

I have spent a rather indolent year perfecting my golf game. Always a perfectionist, I am sure I have driven my friends nuts with the stupid game. Regardless, it is an activity that forces a person to be continually trying to improve and I like that sort of thing.

My training has been at a standstill for the past few months as I try to figure out what the hell is wrong with my body but we seem to be getting closer, we'll see. My goal for 2008 is to go back to Japan for a couple of weeks, take Nathan with me and if possible make a side trip to Beijing so I can be my little friends Godfather, as I promised so long ago. If I can also send my mother to see her last cousin, well the last one she wants to see, one last time that would be good too.

It is quite probably well past time I started doing this on a regular basis. The year, 2008 must be the year I take my training to the next level. It has now been 22 years of training, I have spawned 4 schools and spent thousands of dollars traveling and building up my club. At this point I should either start traveling and doing seminars or at the very least commit myself to regular annual trips to Japan.

Naturally, that brings some other things to the fore. when I was in Japan the last time I was asked if I could teach Jazz singing. That was one of many indications that at some time I should look seriously at developing my voice. I know, I'm old and I have no interest whatsoever in finding myself back on a stage, but... So I have decided to take up another hobby, singing lessons. This is what comes of not having children way too much time on my hands. Fortunately, there is a guy in the building who teaches for much less that going to Grant McEwan.

Anyway the year is about to end so this is a good time to look forward and see what the heck is up. I shall try to chronicle this year more acutely than this past year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home